Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Summer is Here!!

Mario putting together Julian's Crib!




What have we been doing with our time...a lot! Mario gets home from work around 4ish so we have a lot of time together in the evenings. So far we have gone golfing, tried many different restaurants (our favorite),  we went to the drive-in movie theater with some friends, fed the duckies in the pond, had barbeques, explored the city and it's surrounding parts, and we got memberships to the YMCA so we can keep up our hot bods. I started doing water aerobics with the old ladies and made a new friend! Her name is Jami but she isn't old. She is so sweet, and took me in when we had a tornado watch (Mario was at work). She is not the only one though. Everybody is SO friendly here! I have never been invited to dinner so much. Since Mario and I have been here, we have not made a single Sunday dinner ourselves! We owe some people some food...mostly our new friends Darren and Lindsey. We've hung out with them every weekend. They are pretty great :)
 
Julian's room doesn't look like a storage unit anymore which is exciting but it is still not complete. We have a crib but no mattress or sheets...slowly but surely! When it is looking baby adorable I'll put up some pictures. Oh and we found a sweet rocking chair/glider at salvation army so that was a great addition to the room...those things are really expensive brand new! Well babies in general are expensive. I've come to find out. They need so many accessories! We're really excited to meet our little guy though and I'm excited for him not to kick me in the stomach all night long!

Straight Ahead: Nothing.
To the Right: Nothing.
To the Left: Nothing.
Down the Road: A Farm.
This past Saturday, Mario and I took a little road trip down to Nauvoo, IL for the day. For two hours it was nothingness but it was the prettiest nothing I have ever seen. The colors of the earth are so vivid here! It is insane to think there are absolutely no sprinklers! It makes sense though. Last week, it rained night and day for 5 days. I'm not talking summer rainfall...it was more rain than California gets in a whole year! It was crazy! One time it was raining so hard we couldn't see down the road because of the ricochet...just a wall of white. I was definitely happy to see the sun again. Thankfully we live in a nice area of town where it doesn't flood. Annywho, our final destination was the best part! The TEMPLE!! It was really cool. It is on this big hill and overlooks the Mississippi River. The inside was gorgeous too. Different than any other temple I have gone too, it was all hard wood flooring. You could tell it was one of the earlier temples built. I should probably explain what Nauvoo is. It is where the LDS pioneers left from to go west because of all the persecution they were facing. They preserved the little town the pioneers lived in so you can visit all the little shops and see the different houses. By the time we got there everything was closed but we still got to drive around! We'll just have to go back :)
We met up with Drren and Lindsey for dinner in Nauvoo...oddly enough this is the only picture I have of them haha

Car shots of the temple :)

In other news, I am officially confused about how far a long I am. My new doctor is great, but she counts the weeks differently than my old doctor. All I know is Julian is due on July 24th, so 7 weeks from tomorrow! Mario had a little fun snapping some pictures of the bump this month...if you couldn't tell. I have a doctor's appointment this Friday with an ultrasound so I'll give you guys an update next week of how Julian is doing! Hopefully we'll get a better ultrasound picture too :)

           8ish Months!





"Why are you still taking pictures?...click click click...fine."
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment