Sunday, July 7, 2013

Summer Lovin'

California autumn was my favorite season for quite some time but that changed about 3 years ago when I fell back in love with summer since I realized I would no longer get to enjoy my perfectly cool California autumns. Needless to say, Mario and I have been enjoying ourselves as we take advantage of our last summer children free! Although being pregnant in 90 degree weather is not always joyful you always have to find a silver lining right? Mine has been the pool :) Here is a little update of life! As always, if you click on the pictures, you can view them larger...enjoy!
Went to the River Bandits Baseball Game. They are a minor league team and the stadium is right on the river...the view was really pretty, the game was a little boring...it all evened out :)
Some girls from my church threw me a baby shower and I got the hottest baby outfit in stores ;)

We celebrated our one year anniversary by going to a Miranda Lambert concert! It was so fun and right next to corn fields of course! It was in a parking lot but we found a nice little wall to act as back rests, which I really appreciated.
On our drive home from the concert we found this street right off the highway out in the sticks. It was too good to pass up! We could not stop laughing!







My bestie from BYU, Jess, came to surprise me! She actually grew up in the quad cities, so she was visiting her parents...and me ;)
Jess, Jess's friend Naomi, Mario, and I all went for another road trip down to Nauvoo. We went to the temple and got to visit some of the sites! We met John Taylor's grandson! (John Taylor was the third prophet).

As Mario put it, it's God's proof that holograms do exist.

We saw a double rainbow on the ride home from Nauvoo :)


What 4th of July parade would be complete without a republican float? This got lots of applause by the way haha

Mario and Darren representing John Deere!


Jami and Alexia (This is the friend I made at water aerobics and one of her daughters). We went to a firework show with them on the river!
Lucy (Jami's dog) staying cool during the 4th of July BBQ. This is exactly how I was feeling. It was so hot! Thankfully they had a pool we could play in. I was so happy to play "colors", the ultimate pool game, with the kids.

Jumping pictures in the sunset :) Almost time for fireworks!
1 month to go!

Last but no least, Mario baptized a boy this past weekend at our church. His grandma is the only member of the church so it was a big step for him! We gave him a tie and he was really excited about it and showed everyone :)





Oh and Mario also did some painting this weekend in Julian's room on some furniture. So it is staring to come together :) Hopefully soon it will be complete! Life is treating us really well, we just wish we could be closer to friends and family. Love you all so much and can't wait to see you guys next...whenever that will be.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had a fun 4th of July! You look awesome! And you look good too Mario! lol Miss you guys so much. Muahhh~!

    ReplyDelete