Wednesday, August 7, 2013

We did it!

So we are officially PARENTS! Which is crazy to wrap our heads around. We are completely sleep deprived but couldn't be happier with the little angel we have been blessed with. He already has quite the personality...Julian is a pretty feisty little man at times. Which will serve him well when he is all grown up :) And my oh my does he have facial expressions :) The cutest is obviously the smile he gives us when he is dreaming but I personally love his one eyebrow raise. I haven't captured that one on camera yet though. As soon as I do, you can guarantee it will be up here :) 
I was drugged up the weekend of his birth so I have no idea who got a text or not and what information you guys have. So I will give you all a run down! 
On Friday we had an appointment to check my fluid levels and the results were a little low. The doctor gave us the option to come back on Saturday and recheck them or wait until Monday. We didn't want to go that long without checking them so we chose Saturday. When Saturday came around, my fluids had decreased even more but were still not a a critical point. The doctor again gave us the option to be induced that day or wait until Monday. We prayed about it and felt that we should get induced that day. So around 11 am I got hooked up to an IV and began receiving pitocin. At that point I was dilated at 3 cm. A few hours later, they broke my water to speed things along and when the doctor did that, she immediately said "Wow, good thing we induced you today!" Whether it was because there was less fluid than she thought or because there was meconium in the amniotic fluid (stool from the baby) or it was a combination of both I'm not sure but they were not the most reassuring words to hear since she didn't think it was necessary to get induced that day. We were glad we followed what we thought was right and we continued the labor process. 
After that, my contractions got a lot more intense and were happening almost every minute. I nor the baby was getting enough time to rest in between contractions and his heart rate was dropping into the 90s during/after contractions. Throughout my pregnancy it was usually around 140. Again we consulted with the doctor and she gave us the option of a c-section but did not feel it was necessary. So at 11 pm (12 hours after being in labor) I had only dilated to 6 cm and I was exhausted. Mario and I prayed again and felt like we should go through with the c-section rather than wait it out and see how the baby did for the next few hours. We did not want to risk losing our little angel! Whether he would have been fine or not we don't know but we followed our instincts and the Holy Spirit the first time so we did the same for the second decision. 
Off I went to the operating room to get an epidural (the last thing I wanted...I have a major and maybe slightly irrational fear of being paralyzed by them...even after getting one) while Mario suited up in scrubs. He didn't tell me but he called our parents (my mom and his mom and dad) and had the phone in his pocket the whole time so they could here the delivery and know that everything was fine with me and the baby. What a cutie pie of a husband I have! I never would have thought of doing that...however the drugs were impairing my thinking. 
Everything went well and little JulieBean came our as perfect as ever! 7 pounds 1 ounce and 19.5 inches. He was born at 11:34pm on Satuday, July 27th 2013 :)
We love him so much! I can't believe how much I care about our little guy already. I would do anything for him and so would Mario! No matter how a little life enters this world, it is a miracle all the same. There is no way life began without a divine creator. It is just too perfect.
We spent until Tuesday in the hospital...most of it was a blur for me because I am a light weight with any kind of medicine...so morphine, percocet, and ibuprofen really did me over. Mario said I talked like a stoner right after I took my pain medication...I can belive it because I don't really remember too much haha. 
Now we have been home for a week and are recovering. I stopped taking all my pain meds because I was just way too loopy even with lower dosages so please don't make me laugh too hard when I talk to you! We both had our doctor's appointments yesterday and both Julian and I are doing great! Julian is now weighing in at 7 pounds 7 ounces and 20.25 inches...aka he loves to eat :) His chubby cheeks are staring to set in! Mario is working half days this week while we adjust so it is great having him around in the mornings to get a little extra sleep! 
Having little Julian is definitely a blessing. He changes everything in the best way possible! Nap time is over for my little guy so I will post pictures later and obviously give updates soon :)

I am obsessed with taking pictures of him..so in no particular order...






His stank face. It's a favorite of his haha
Hanging out with papa :)

Pondering the mysteries of life...the kid loves to hold his own binky

First Day at Church!
Ya...I stole the idea from pinterest and I'm not ashamed.

2.5 days old :)

With Nani

With Nona

This is kind of the eyebrow raise mixed with his stank face 



3 comments:

  1. He is so adorable! I am so glad everything went well!!! I'm so happy for you Alexa! Miss your face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you too! I hope all is going well for you too!!

      Delete
  2. ALEXA! ALEXA! ALEXA!

    Beautiful Pics!! Baby Julian is so big now and I'm so happy for you and Mario!
    I enjoy so much your stories and descriptions, You are a great storyteller!

    Take Care talk to you soon, and xoxox to Peluchin!

    p.s...Pablo and I appreciated great guide you were by sending me
    all the great places in CA. We visited about 4 beaches this summer,
    and we had lots, lots of fun! Thanks!!!!
    of fun

    ReplyDelete