Wednesday, August 28, 2013

One Month!

Sonrisa :)

     One month down, infinity more to go! During the month we have learned some of Julian's likes and dislikes...the little man loves the car, it almost always puts him to sleep! He loves dancing with his daddy, preferably merengue; big lights, so when we take him outside he is a pretty happy camper; he likes holding his own pacifier...and swatting it away when he is done with it (he is a little dramatic at times); he likes being clean (just putting him on his changing pad calms him down) and bath time relaxes him; and he LOVES hanging out with us. We stopped putting him in his bassinet because he would get upset when he couldn't see us due to the high walls, so we've moved on to his playpen...next stop is his crib!
     He definitely dislikes Indian food...and possibly German food. I ate them both in the same week so it's hard to tell but I'm leaning towards the curry. Thankfully he doesn't have any opposition to ice cream :) He also doesn't seem to like when we let him "self soothe" himself to sleep. I am not a big fan of that one either. Watching him cry is more painful than I thought it would be but when he screams his guts out for five...or thirty minutes...he sleeps really great. We sit right next to him the whole time so he knows we're there but dang is it hard not to pick him up! He is not a big fan of tickles and kisses yet either...I'm really hoping both of those change in the near future though.
     As far as new things he does (really it would be everything since he is only a month but I'll just name the cute stuff) He has started crying with real tears; he is starting to lose his hair; he pouts; he smiles, even if they are just gas smiles, we think they're adorable; and he talks in his sleep...well he coos in his sleep...in Spanish ;)
     As for Mario and I, we have been watching a lot of Netflix (Burn Notice is our latest show), taking a lot more naps, and trying different restaurants for our date nights...mostly "to-go" orders or sit down that turn into "to-go" orders. My favorite new experience has been gyros. I don't know why I never tried them before but they are delicious and they have a ton of gyro-serving restaurants in the quad cities oddly enough. All the good food is on the Illinois side though...so that's where we go :) Not even the Mississippi River will get in the way of me and a good meal!
    So that's pretty much been our first month as a family: eat, sleep poop, cry, watch Netflix...take a bath/shower occasionally ;) Let me know what has been going on in your lives so I can stay up to date :) Miss you all! Julian sends you a gas smile :)

No comments:

Post a Comment