Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Family Fun


Julian update! He is still wide-eyed and adorable! Weighing in at just over 13 pounds this past month, Julian received his vaccinations, which left him with a cold, followed by an ear infection. I am saddened to report he is no longer sleeping through the night due to this tragic chain of events. However, we still consider him an angel baby because he really hasn’t complained too much throughout the ordeal. And by complain I mean scream his guts out.  He is so amazing he even enjoyed taking his medication! Who would have thought a baby would smack their lips together in enjoyment after taking amoxicillin?
In preparation for his first flight, he took his first bottle (filled with the best stuff under the sun…leche de mamá). You guessed it! That’s Spanish for mom’s milk. It took a few tries to find a bottle he liked but we found one eventually. Julian blows spit bubbles now and he enjoys stuffing as much of his fist as possible into his mouth to suck on…I’m pretty sure he is starting to teeth. He smiles a ton and his giggle has now turned into a gut belly laugh, which makes me fall in love all over again every time I hear it!
Mario’s parents and sister came and left all too quickly but it was so much fun having them over! While they were here we went to a little John Deere museum known as “The Pavilion”, we enjoyed a delicious Asian buffet (so cheap and the sushi is to die for!...I know sushi in Iowa sounds sketchy but I haven’t gotten sick yet :P), the girls went “thrifting” (a MariCarmen and Zuleika specialty), and the highlight was definitely going to the Wapsi Pumkin Patch.
It was on this family-owned farm 20 minutes north of us and they had tons of stuff for kids to do! Even though Julian was too young to appreciate the autumn festivities, it didn’t stop us from having a good time! They had animals galore, a giant jumping bean, tons of cut outs to take pictures with, a hay ride out to the pumpkin patch on a John Deere tractor, and a ton of other things we didn’t do. Julian was sick when we went so he was a little “eh” but us adults had tons of fun! It was sad to say good-bye but we get to see them in December so that made it a little easier.
After they left, it was a rough week with Julian still sick but we made it through with minimal damage. As for us, Mario has been working a ton of overtime at work and I took one of my finals. One class down, four to go! It also snowed for the first time but thankfully it was just one day…I am so not ready for the snow. Oh and Julian and I went to the zoo with a friend and her family. Unfortunately, he slept the whole time so I just have a ton of pictures of a stroller with animals in the background. We’ll just have to go back!
That’s all for now, I will give you an update of Julian’s first trip next post! 
With NoNo
Nani and Julian Reunited!

Jumping pictures :)
Everyone at the Pumpkin Patch!
Baby Beefy...yum
Oh the in-laws :)

Fernando and Mario on the jumping bean!
This ain't my first time on a tractor
Booooo Case.

YAY John Deere!

So HAPPY!
So SAD...oh the life of a baby.
Julian is starting to grasp things, like Nani's hands :)
Las Babas! (drool)
Julian sleeping at the zoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment