Well, we have officially been home owners for 6 months now and I figured it was about time to put some pictures of the house up. Since we have moved in, we have done little updates here and there which may or may not be reflected in the pictures. But to make myself feel better I will list them all out to see our accomplishments in black and white :)
We replaced two very out-dated light fixtures (one still needs replacing), painted our TV stand that we re-purposed from a dresser, purchased a new faucet back in May that hasn't quite made its way into our kitchen yet, installed a baby gate 3 times, put together Ikea furniture, painted dark wood doors white to freshen up our living space, furnished our basement, hung pictures and decorations (this took much longer than it should have), dug out a fire pit in our backyard, re-stained the deck, cut down two ginormous Blue Spruce trees on the side of our house (which made our yard smell delicious for about 2 weeks), got new windows installed in the bedrooms, and installed a gate on the side of the house to store our trailer for the winter, and fixed our garage door so we can park our cars inside for the winter. Not too shabby Dealba's...to bad Mario did pretty much everything I just listed...I watched Julian. Which is always half the battle! Anyway, don't expect your typical mommy-blogger artsy fartsy pictures. It is simply a tour of our home. Enjoy :) We wish you could all come see it in person!
 |
| The never ending leaves... |
 |
| Our living room! I am a nazi about my rug...no shoes allowed! |
 |
The dining area...
It's just to the right of the living room. |
 |
And through the french doors you enter onto the lovely
deck where you can find my tanning chair that got used
twice this summer :( And a pretty view of the
neighbor's backyard ;) |
 |
| ...where the magic happens |
 |
Our "open pantry"...instead of extra
seating, we opted for more space to
store food...duh |
 |
In the office is our official business desk and... |
 |
My crafting desk...Julian finds his way
to the sponge brushes almost every day.
He learned very quickly how to
properly close a drawer. |
 |
| Mr. Julian's Room! |
 |
| Gotta love Ikea rugs! |
 |
| The Master Suite ;) |
 |
| This is the view from our half bath. |
 |
Our little basement is ready for guests!
Fully equipped with a pull-out couch, a fireplace-looking
space heater to keep you warm on those cold winter nights,
a closet, a treadmill, laundry and a sliding door to lead
you out into the backyard...oh yeaaaaah. |
 |
| ...it needs some serious updating |
 |
| Our new fire pit! |
 |
| A second patio off of the garage. |
That's all folks! Please contact me if interested in reserving a night at the Casa de los Dealba ;)
Hey Alexa!
ReplyDeleteHope you're doing well. :)
The house looks great! And I can't believe how big Julian is getting (since I last saw him around a year ago). I'm studying in Barcelona this semester and I love getting all of your updates, so keep them coming!
Sending you and your fam love from Spain!
-Annie
Thank you! It's a good little starter house for us. And Julian turned toddler on us over night, it's crazy how fast kids change! He is so much fun! I had no idea, you're studying abroad, that is awesome Annie!!
DeleteLoved the tour of your new home. It is lovely and obviously well loved. Papa and Nana
DeleteThank you guys! We miss you!!
Delete