I apologize for my leave of absence but I'm back and am here to catch you guys up on life!
The next great adventure in our summer was supposed to be my brother's wedding. However, life threw a curve ball and Julian took a tumble...Mario was in Mexico for work and Julian and I were all packed to leave for California the next morning when an unfortunate series of events led to Julian at the bottom of a half a flight of stairs. After a CT Scan in the emergency room, we were informed Julian had no damage other than a goose egg and fracture in his skull which would lead to more doctors visits and CT Scans. There was pretty much nothing we could do for him other than give him Tylenol for the pain and let time heal his sweet little head. Although it could have been much much worse, we are grateful our little angel is okay now. Long story short, Mario flew home the next day, we cancelled numerous flights (We had planned on going to Utah after California) and decided I would be flying solo for my brother's wedding for just 3 short days. A much shorter trip than we initially planned for.
 |
| First dance! |
While I was in California, Mario and Julian enjoyed their first daddy son weekend and Julian was officially weaned. It was hard/weird/relaxing/lonely/liberating to be without them but we all made it through alive. The wedding was beautiful! And best of all no one killed each other ;) In all seriousness, the wedding could not have gone better...well I was just a guest so I'm sure something went wrong but I was blissfully unaware and enjoyed the cool summer evening with much missed family and friends. I couldn't be happier for Anthony and Melissa...marriage is so sacred.
 |
| The decorations :) |
 |
| Oh the cake! |
 |
| The Boys... |
 |
| Mama with the Birthday boy :) |
 |
| Party Hats! |
 |
| Papa dancing to Gummy Bear for Julian :) |
 |
Singing "Happy Birthday" with 2 Skype calls and 2 phone calls haha |
 |
| Oh the presents! |
 |
Winner...I don't know what Julian played with before this bus. |
 |
| Los Dealba |
 |
| Los Dealba-Leri |
 |
| If only I could capture that face in a bottle to keep forever. |
 |
| And this one too. |
 |
| Playing "Monsters" with Nani :) |
 |
| And giggles with Nono |
 |
| 3 generations. |
 |
Beautiful Iowa sunset. This doesn't even begin to capture its true colors. God is the best artist. Not to mention the field of fireflies that lit up as the sun sank into the horizon. Perfect summer night. |
 |
Julian testing out his new throne...he approves of the cup holders. |
 |
Creeping along the couch with his concentration tongue in full swing! |
 |
| Playing, playing, playing. |
 |
On our nighttime stroll to the park. Yes folks, it is this green in the dead of summer with no sprinkler systems. It's crazy! |
 |
| Oh how Julian loves his finger Puppets |
 |
Julian's first baseball game. He loved it! The crowds, the cheering, the music...Julian was in his element.
Go Mallards! Oops, that is the hockey team...Go River Bandits! |
 |
| I couldn't decide which I liked best :) |
|
|
| So happy!! |
Aw! Looks like life has been so happy and adventurous for you guys! Glad it's full of happiness!! -jaime
ReplyDeleteThanks Jaimers! Adventurous for sure. We are definitely learning how to be happy where we are planted. We miss you guys!
Delete