Friday, February 21, 2014

Surprise!!

WE ARE BUYING OUR FIRST HOME!!!

We are so insanely excited! There are a million things we love about the house, it is almost perfect! We can't wait to make it our own and have some more space :)

Our closing date is April 4th but we don't have to be out of our apartment until June 1st so it will give us a while to put carpet in and paint 2 rooms before we start moving our stuff in.

It is a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom with a 2 car attached garage. YAY no more frozen car! It has an awesome finished basement with another bedroom but it is not legal because there is no window. Aka, we will have room for guests so start planning your trips ;) Also, There is a big shed in the back that has electricity so Mario can work out there. Plus, there is a little cement patio off of the garage and the yard is fenced in! And the best part is that it is 4 houses down from our best friends' house.
We got it for under the asking price and we will actually be paying a little less on our mortgage every month than we do right now paying rent!

Celebrating Mario's Birthday. Julian was
a little tired, can you tell?
As far as life goes, we're busy little bees. Mario's school is going well and he loves his new position. I just finished another class so 3 more to go! Valentine's Day was celebrated by helping decorate for our Church's Valentines Dance which we did not end up going to. Instead we made a pirate ship in our living room!...forts are overrated. While aboard, we had a movie marathon and ate numerous types of chocolates (Mario bought all my favorites). Mario's birthday was a few days after Valentine's day so the fun didn't seize for long! Julian and I decorated the house with streamers. Well, Julian mainly just tried eating the streamers as I put them up. Then we did Mario's favorite things...watch a movie while eating pizza and drinking non-alcoholic beer, finished off with ice cream cake. We had a little virtual party via skype with his family at the end of the night and opened presents with them! It was a good time :) The best part was that it was in the forties for his special day!  Snow actually started melting!!! Oh how I missed the sun's warmth.

--> Next item of business, Julian, who is getting so big! I can’t believe it. I know, I say that every post but it truly amazes me how fast he learns and grows every week! He is so busy these days! I officially cannot leave him on the bed to play. He has started to roll as a mode of transportation. Nothing will stop him from getting to a shiny object that makes noise! Thankfully there have been no injuries from this new discovery. Oh and he also started eating real foods this month! So far he has had rice cereal, bananas, green beans, and sweet potatoes…and a lick or two of some ice cream. He seems to love it so far! I wouldn’t expect anything less. After all he is my son, and when have I ever said no to food? Oh how I will miss the breast milk only diet. No bottles, no spoons, no mess, no disgustingly smelly poops. I just have to look to the light at the end of the tunnel…potty training! He also likes sleeping on his belly now, which is scary because every time I walk in to check on him it looks like he is lifeless with his head facing the mattress, I try moving him back to his tummy or just moving his head but he always ends up back where he started. Stubborn little bug...I wonder where he gets that from...not I ;)
As usual, here are the pictures! I will add pictures of the house when it is actually ours, otherwise I feel weird having pictures of other people's things posted. Hope you guys are doing well, let me know how you're doing!


Julian LOVES tub tub time :)
The best part of the shirt :)

  In-N-Out onsie from Uncle Anthony :)

We made Valentine's cards for the grandmas...Julian was
not to pleased that he could not eat the paper and paint.

Oh the determination!
The aftermath :)
Flirting with the camera in an adorable
outfit from Nani
A typical day in the life of Julian...
Julian is so chubby his bum has a roll :)
Finally got a picture of him sitting up!
And a shot of those little teeth.

12 comments:

  1. Way too cute. Stop it, thanks! HA JK. Os mando todo el amor de California!

    You know you love me.
    XOXO,
    Gossip Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dooo love you haha. I can't believe you just went there!

      Delete
  2. Happy belated birthday to Mario! (and to Julian's 6 month milestone, too!) And congrats on the house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. way to buy a house! and you made a really cute baby :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha thanks Jaime! Way to move out of "cave"!!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your new home!! That must be so exiting and Julian is getting so big! I miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay a new home! I'm so excited for you. Julian is looking amazing!!! Also, if you're ever in Utah, you must let us know so we can say hi or something. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you! We will definitely have to see each other, I'm just not sure when we will be heading back out to the beehive state.

      Delete
  6. How exciting for you both. Thanks for the update. We en;joy your blog so very much and we appreciate you keeping us up to date....especially the pictures and the fun you are having with Julian. Love, Nana and Papa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh he is so beautiful just like his parents. I am so truly excited for you.

    Dana

    ReplyDelete