Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Europe: Getting Closer

Madriiiiiiiiiiid! Let's start off with the fact that Mario got the chills when we crossed the border into la comunidad de Madrid (kind of like crossing the state border). It was even exciting for me just to know that Mario was back. After 11 years, he could finally breathe in Madrid- jamon, tobacco filled, Real Madrid loving, 3.2 million people jam-packed, Madrid. What a long time coming! Even though we definitely did not get a chance to see all Madrid had to offer, it's safe to say we had a good time :)

Cheese!
Starting off right with some tapas!






The street performers did not disspapoint!
...especially fat spiderman ha

He was not shy!
Pretty accurate :P
Julian was intrigued to say the least!
We went to see the royal palace of Spain. This is the cathedral
across the courtyard from it...a little much no?
I'm glad I got to go but it did make me a little sick to see how
much the wealth was undistributed.
Just your typical ceiling...
Los Fernandos!





Every lamp post needs some gold on it right?
Espana!

annnnnd some more tapas. I think our faces say it all!
Can you see what caught his attention? haha

Like I said, the street performers did
not disappoint :) I promise Julian was
super excited for this one!

And there was also a strike...Puerta del Sol was full of life for
better and for worse. 


Not to mention the shopping, but let's be real, my favorite
shopping is with the street vendors :)
Julian wouldn't stop staring at the police officers and their
standing mopeds. So much so that one officer invited him
up for a picture. Of course he didn't smile...

...but as soon as he came down he wouldn't stop telling us
about the "moto nee-no nee-no nee-no"

Apparently this is famous...similar to
the Time Square ball drop. And
now you know too :)
We didn't make it to a bull fight here
but maybe it's better that way...I don't
 think I could have handled the blood.
I bet $5 you can't guess what building this is...if anyone
guessed the central post office of Madrid come to Utah to get
your prize money ;) Crazy huh?!

Puerta de Alcala! (Alcala is where Mario is from) You can
still see marks from cannon shrapnel in it!! And this will
take us to our last stop in Europe, literally...

No comments:

Post a Comment