I wish we we would have stayed in Alcala de Henares longer but unfortunately that was not the case. It really felt like home. Obviously, it is not home for me but it felt safe, comfortable, and familiar. There was something there. Mario and I really believe at some point we will live in Europe. Maybe Alcala is the place, I don't know. But I do know that is the place that shaped Mario, partially at least, into who he is today. And I am grateful for his family, friends, and leaders, some of whom I had the chance to meet, and others I will never get the chance to, for making him into the man he is today. I can't help myself from crying when I think about it. Like I said, there is just something there. I am beyond grateful for the chance to get to experience it. It was the perfect ending to an amazing journey.
 |
| One of Jairo's old friends! |
 |
One of Mario and Zuleika's best friends from Spain-Migi and
Carolina. We got to go out to dinner with Migi and his new wife
while we were there too. It was super fun to hear all their crazy
stories of growing up together. |
 |
| "Anyone speak english?" |
 |
| Mario was especially excited to see Dani :) |
 |
Churros con chocolate! We also went to their old grocery store
and their favorite restaurant...it is a Chinese restaurant! Even the
Chinese food is better there!! What's up with that America?! |
 |
Universidad de Alcala. Originally founded in 1293. Now
known for its annual presentation of the prestigious Cervantes
Prize. Cervantes (author of Don Quixote) was born there! |
 |
| Crossing the Prime Meridian on our way back to Barcelona! |
 |
Back in the states! Julian slept a ton on the flight back,
unlike the flight there...thank goodness! |
 |
We intended to drive straight home from Chicago but the
jet lag got the better of us and we stopped at a hotel at
one in the morning in the middle of no where. When we woke
up and opened the curtains, this was our view out our window. |
 |
| Corn. Lots and lots of corn to welcome us home. |
 |
And a beautiful sunrise! Thank you Iowa :)
|
No comments:
Post a Comment