Our next journey was to Zaragoza, where MariCarmen grew up. Since that was Mario's first trip to Barcelona and their soccer team is the rival of Real Madrid he said it didn't really feel like Spain until we got to Zaragoza. And I must admit, I agree. Barcelona was a bit touristy. But Zaragoza...oh man I felt like I was in the heart of it all!
The hotel we stayed in was right in the downtown area and was really cool. Right as you got out of the elevator, it had a glass floor (plexiglass perhaps) going down a few stories where Roman tunnels along with some columns had been excavated and preserved. It was a Saturday night and the hotel was within walking distance of the main plaza of the city so it was hip happenin'.
MariCarmen's best friend, Pilar (the friends we met in Paris) and her family live in Zaragoza so she gave us the lay of the land! It was really cool to see the real Spain. Just like el pueblo helped me to understand Mario a bit more, so did seeing Zaragoza. Everyone was so vivacious and the city was full of life! I wish we could have stayed longer. Here are some highlights :)
MariCarmen's best friend, Pilar (the friends we met in Paris) and her family live in Zaragoza so she gave us the lay of the land! It was really cool to see the real Spain. Just like el pueblo helped me to understand Mario a bit more, so did seeing Zaragoza. Everyone was so vivacious and the city was full of life! I wish we could have stayed longer. Here are some highlights :)
![]() |
| Another lively Spaniard :) |
| I'm so grateful we got to see Yaya again and even more grateful she got to meet Julian ♥ |
| Julian found a fountain to cool off in the plaza... |
| ...he really liked it... |
| ...like really really liked it haha |
| Todos! |
![]() |
| The tower behind MariCarmen and Fernando is where they first held hands :) |
![]() |
| The basilica and bridges were breathtaking! You should google it :) |
![]() |
| So much Arabic influence throughout the city, it was so cool! |
| Julian was pretty upset that we dried him off and left the fountain so he found his own water fun... |




No comments:
Post a Comment